From: Isaiah Dunham <idunham@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm does not start on boot
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:44:28
1 Did you make sure KDM is set as the Display Manager in Xorg config? I
2 Had this problem once before awhile ago, and that was the solution to
3 the problem.
6 econti wrote:
7 > Hi all
8 > to-day I successfully updated Xorg (from 6.x to 7.x).
9 > A little trouble only; on boot I receive the following error message:
10 >
11 > Setting up kdm . . .
12 > start-stop-daemon: option `--exec' requires an argument
13 > Try `start-stop-daemon --help' for more information
14 > *ERROR: could not start the Display Manager
15 >
16 > Well, I tried `start-stop-daemon --help' but I did not understand much.
17 > So I ran 'kdm' from command line and . . . KDE works!
18 >
19 > How can I make kdm start on boot again?
20 >
21 > Ciao
22 > emilio
27 Isaiah Dunham