From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt-4.4.3 won't install any files
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:58:45
1 2009/3/30 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2 > On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:17:00 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 >
4 >> > So every ebuild, in the tree and all overlays, was updated before the
5 >> > split ebuilds were introduced?
6 >
7 >> I don't know the exact progress but I think the split ebuilds were
8 >> introduced masked, then the dependencies have been adjusted
9 >> accordingly. After the transition was done the ebuilds have been
10 >> unmasked.
11 >
12 > OK, so the meta ebuild is just a safety net for those running ebuilds not
13 > in the portage tree.
16 Probably, but even overlays should consider changing the dependencies
17 and use the advantage of the split ebuilds ;-)
20 Regards,
21 Daniel