From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.3.1 : Gwenview & Krusader problems
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:50:13
1 090923 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:41:52PM -0400, Penguin Lover Philip Webb squawked:
3 >> It looks as if the U server has an earlier version of the software.
4 > Egads, this is U Toronto? Still using ssh-1?
5
6 It's IRIX 5.3 & seems to be left with minimal maintenance (it works).
7
8 > SSH-1 does not have the concept of subsystems,
9 > so while your version of ssh and scp can communicate with the ssh server
10 > at the other end, you cannot 'pass to subsystem sftp'...
11 > Assuming it is using a version of ssh that bundles with an sftp-server,
12 > but NOT ssh-2, you need to 1. ssh into the server in question;
13 > 2. track down the path to the sftp server binary:
14 > in Gentoo with openssh it is /usr/lib/misc/sftp-server;
15
16 There's no dir 'misc' in /usr/lib on the remote machine nor a 'ssh'.
17
18 > 3. Try running sftp with the flag '-s path-to-sftp-server-binary'
19 > ie the absolute path on the remote machine.
22 which does allow successful connection to the remote machine.
23
24 That's just to respond to both your kind helps (big smiles).
25 I checked the CHASS WWW site & it contained an Ssh access link;
26 when I logged in, the system was IRIX64 6.5 & the hostname different.
27 Armed with that knowledge, I tried again with the new hostname
28 & succeeded with Sftp from CLI & from Krusader & with Fish from Krusader !
29 So something did change from Krusader 1.80.0 -> 2.0.0
30 -- perhaps no longer guessing a hostname if it's not found at once -- ,
31 but if I enter the (now known) correct hostname everything works as of old.
32
33 Thanks again for your advice.
37 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
38 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
39 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca