From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT?]: CH340 working/not working with ESP286 Node MCU
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 12:52:24
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [16-07-10 14:05]:
2 > Corbin Bird <corbinbird <at> charter.net> writes:
3 >
4 > > The hardware ID's database may need to be updated ( or supplemented ).
5 > > The package "sys-apps/pciutils" has the hardware database included in it.
6 >
7 > looking at the ebuild for 'pci-utils' we see::
8 >
9 > RDEPEND="${DEPEND}
10 > sys-apps/hwids
11 >
12 > So if you want the latest data on hwids, install::
13 > 'sys-apps/hwids-99999999'
14 >
15 > > I have a 990FX chipset MB that is constantly ID as a 880 chipset board.
16 > > No info on 990FX chipsets found in the hardware ID's database.
17 > > The kernel keeps applying a 880 chipset workaround for the PCI bus,
18 > > every boot.
19 > >
20 > > Same problem I think, different hardware.
21 >
22 > OK, so both of you guys should use serial sniffers and usb sniffers and log
23 > those sessions on a separate machine for rigorous analysis. Commercial
24 > sniffers are very user friendly. Some cheap embedded boards can sniff usb
25 > readily (but you'll have to search them out yourself).
26 >
27 > For a usb sniffer, you may need special hardware to intercept those singnals
28 > from the actual communications link. sniffing from inside
29 > of a host is sometime problematic on catching every charcter, timings,
30 > and other such critical signal information. sniffing RS-232 is well
31 > documented around the net. When I sniff usb, I try to first use usb-1.0
32 > or 1.1, as the slower speeds are easier to watch and collect critical data.
33 >
34 > good-hunting.
35 >
36 > hth,
37 > James
41 Hi James,
42
43 thanks for joining the problem party :)
44
45 I think I got either a lemon (faulty board) or this
46 board was sent to me without any firmware.
47 If latter is the case I may have a chance with an ISP
48 programmer (I have one) ... will see.
49 See my previous post of just a moment ago answering Corbins
50 post.
51
52 Best regards
53 Meino