From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop ATI Integrated Video Performance?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:55:34
1 2007/12/25, Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>:
2 > I have a Gateway laptop with an integrated ATI graphics board. lspci
3 > detects it as:
4 >
5 > 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS485 [Radeon
6 > Xpress 1100 IGP]
7 >
8 > However when attempting to view a DVD at full screen, the display is a
9 > bit "jumpy" as if the video hardware is not fast enough. Keeping the
10 > video smaller in a window produces much better results. As you might
11 > expect, the larger the video picture, the worse the jumpiness gets.
12 > Results are the same with both Totem and VLC.
13 >
14 > I'm using x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.433 and have followed guides and
15 > verified direct rendering is enabled (however I don't know if that
16 > matters for displaying video).
17 >
18 > Is this the best I can expect for this video hardware? I can post my
19 > xorg.conf if there's a possibility that some tweak will improve performance.
20
21 Hi!
22
23 I have this problem but i have another ATI inegrated card
24 (01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RC410 [Radeon
25 Xpress 200M])
26
27 The solution is the next:
28 - use fglrx (you have to test the 3D rendering with fgl_fglxgears command)
29 - use mplayer with -vo gl or -vo gl2 option (the gl and gl2 is opengl
30 video output)
31
32 I hope i can help you.
33
34 András
35
36 ps.: sorry my english :)
39 - -
40 -- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
41 -- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell
42 éí¢‹¬z¸žÚ(¢¸&j)bž b²