From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Re: Succinct compilation of system info...
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:05:48
1 I have put up an update.
2
3 Now user/groups are presented more usefully (including heuristics to separate
4 human from system users). Also, it now lists packages for Gentoo, Arch Linux,
5 and RPM based distros. (debian based on the way...)
6
7 On Gentoo systems, first it checks for epm, and if found uses that. epm's
8 output is much more friendly programmatically, and response is near instant.
9
10 If there is no epm, it uses "equery list" which takes a while on my system,
11 and breaks the columned output. Are there any other commands to print nice
12 output of all installed packages?
13
14 Still working on hardware output, and in this department I could really use
15 the output from 'lspci' on an array of different systems to help detect the
16 largest spread of possible hardware. Especially useful would be lspci output
17 from SCSI and SATA systems. If you feel up to it, please feel free to email
18 me this info off-list.
19
20 You can download at:
21 http://badcomputer.org/unix/code/sysinfo.py.gz
22
23 or just view and cut/paste the code from:
24 http://badcomputer.org/unix/code/sysinfo.bot
25
26 -d
29 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
30 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
31 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972