From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any advantage to dbus or hal on minimal system
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:07:59
1 Harry Putnam schrieb:
2 > On a non-x system, is there any advantage to having dbus and hal
3 > installed?
4 >
5 > I'm bring a formally X enabled system down to a hardcore console only
6 > log server.
7 >
8 > Don't now enough about either hal or dbus to know if they need to be
9 > removed?
13 My server (ssh, apache, tomcat, syslog-ng, djbdns, openvpn) doesn't need it.
14
15 hal might come in handy if you want to use hardware switches like the
16 power button but acpid might be enough for this.
17
18 Hope this helps,
19 Florian Philipp