From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge older version
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:15:17
1 On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:45:20 +0100, Laurent Kappler wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
6 > portage is 6.5.7.
7
8 Go to http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/ browse to the
9 package you want and select Show dead files. this gives all the obsoleted
10 ebuilds, pick the files you need and copy them to the
11 media-gfx/imagemagick directory in your overlay. Then add
12 ">media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.7.0" to /etc/portage.package.use. You'll need
13 to "ebuild /path/to/ebuild manifest" before you can emerge it.
14
15 Except that particular version is not there, so it was never in portage.
16 You can either make do with a close version or copy the nearest ebuild
17 and rename it to match the version you need.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 ... We are Dyslexics of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.