From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:03:50
1 On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Nick Khamis<symack@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Exactly!
3 > In console everything is find. but when I issue startx my keybaord and mouse
4 > are non functional. I did remerge xf86 mouse and keyboard and still nothing.
5 > I looking into xorg.conf.
6
7 Newer Xorg uses a different method of configuring hardware. There are
8 many threads and many possible ways of addressing the problem:
9
10 1) emerge "xf86-input-evdev" and set up input devices using the new
11 configuration method (out of xorg.conf, into FDI files) -- this also
12 requires a certain kernel option to be enabled.
13 2) Add this option to ServerLayout section of xorg.conf: Option
14 "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
15 3) rebuild xorg-server with hal USE flag disabled
16
17 Any one of those 3 should fix the problem. The first one is the "new"
18 way, the others will leave you using legacy configuration methods. Use
19 whatever works best for you. :)
20
21 There are other possible things you may need to do depending on your
22 particular setup. Fancy mice or non-English keyboards especially will
23 need additional effort to configure the same as before. Read the
24 Gentoo Xorg upgrade guide for more info:
25
26 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.5-upgrade-guide.xml