From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole issue
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:45:43
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:44:08 -0500, Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >
4 >> > chown for the moment, and look at fstab - is there an entry? If not,
5 >> > /etc/init.d/devfs should do the mounting, does it look like this:
6 >> >                 "devpts /dev/pts 0755 ,gid=5,mode=0620 devpts"
7 >> The associated line when you cat /etc/init.d/devfs on my system looks
8 >> exactly like the line above.
9 >
10 > What about fstab? An entry in there could override the openrc setting.
13 > --
14 > Neil Bothwick
15
16 Good point, but how does that fstab entry appear if she hasn't done
17 updates? I suppose she might have been editing in fstab and made a
18 mistake? If she was editing she should certainly check it out.
19
20 Reading back through this thread I don't see whether Colleen tried my
21 suggestion about a creating a new user. My thought was that some KDE
22 config file somewhere got corrupted and a new user would not have that
23 same issue.
24
25 - Mark