From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with kmail SOLVED
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:08:00
1 On Wednesday 04 January 2006 12:19, a tiny voice compelled
2 brettholcomb@×××××××××.net to write:
3 > Yes, you are right - I've been working with Windows all morning so my brain
4 > was dead <G>.
5 >
6 > I figured you had but thought I'd ask.
7 >
8 > > From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
9 > > Date: 2006/01/04 Wed AM 10:58:02 EST
10 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] need help with kmail
12 > >
13 > > brettholcomb@×××××××××.net wrote:
14 > > >What happens if you do emerge -uD kdepim -p.
17 just for the hell of it, I synced and ran emerge -uD world. This brought in
18 xemacs-base, festival (which failed until I remerged speech-tools and it ran)
19 poppler-bindings and transcode.
20 Kmail still failed. I logged into konsole as root and set up a brand new kmail
21 profile using only one of my 2 email accounts. Kmail actually sent and
22 email!!!!. I then closed root's kmail and opened as user. I deleted all
23 profiles and account information and started fresh using the same address as
24 I used for root. IT WORKED!! I then recreated my ntplx account. ALL IS WELL.
25 I'll be damned If I know why but kmail seems (at least so far) to be fixed.
26 Thanks to all for their patience and suggestions, even the people who told me
27 (in a nice way) I didn't know what I was doing.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list