From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.0.0
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:00:04
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 20 January 2008, Dale wrote:
5 >> Now to spend the next couple days downloading all the KDE 4.0 stuff.
6 >> Stinking dial-up. :-@
9 > That will take a loooong while. Most KDE4 packages are far larger than there
10 > KDE3 counterparts. Just as an example:
11 >
12 > kdebase-3.3.8.tar.bz2 was 24MB. Now we have three kdebase tarballs:
13 > kdebase 3.9MB
14 > kdebase-runtime 46MB
15 > kdebase-workspace 29MB
16 >
17 > Good luck with dialup!
18 >
19 > Uwe
23 Tell me about it. I have already been at it for about 15 hours or so.
24
25 Total: 205 packages (2 upgrades, 80 new, 123 in new slots, 1 block),
26 Size of downloads: 222,586 kB
27
28 I used to think OOo was big. LOL DSL is supposed to be here soon tho,
29 I hope.
30
31 Dale
32
34
35 P.S. I still have a OOo update in the mask section. Going to try KDE
36 4.0 first.
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list