From: staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lightweight & Simple Proxy that supports upstream authentication
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 05:04:02
1 On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:31:31AM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for a simple HTTP+FTP proxy that supports upstream
5 > authentication.
6 >
7 > The reason is that we (that is, my employer) have a server that requires
8 > Internet access for its setup, but for some reason* my employer does not
9 > want to give the contractors a login for the corporate proxy.
10 >
11 > I'm planning of setting up a simple proxy to authenticate against the
12 > corporate proxy using one of my credentials, and have the contractor use
13 > this simple proxy instead of the corporate one.
14 >
15 > I think Squid can do that... but is there a simpler solution? I truly don't
16 > need caching, inter-proxy coordination, or other exotic stuff. Just a way
17 > to allow other people to authenticate against the corporate proxy using my
18 > credentials, but without giving my credentials away.
19 >
20 > (Of course the simple proxy will be installed on a totally separate system,
21 > one under my full control and nobody else's)
22 >
23 > Rgds,
24 > --
25
26 Polipo perhaps?
27
28 http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/polipo/
29 --
30 staticsafe
31 O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
32 Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
33 Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.