From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some KDE apps under KDE4 stability
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 16:15:58
1 On Saturday 04 October 2008 17:54:59 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > ======= On Saturday 04 October 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote: =======
3 >
4 > > > I mean multiple debates about KDE 4 and video-drivers.
5 > >
6 > > If you have a recent-ish nvidia card, you might want to treat KDE4 as
7 > > experimental on your box till you find the magic spell that gives you
8 > > decent performance...
9 >
10 > The thing is I have not nvidia (i810 driver is in use for g965-in-board),
11 > and I don't need performance. Stable 2D working is the only needed
12 > thing :-)
13
14 So you are safe then.
15
16 I find it quite humorous that the crappy on-board Intel video chips give the
17 best performance on KDE-4 :-)
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com