From: Jason Dusek <jason.dusek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-haskell/{cabal,haxml} -- runaway memory hog
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:40:36
1 <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Jason Dusek wrote:
3 > > What if you tried deleting HaXML from /var/lib/portage/world
4 > > and then remerging it? It would skip the `prerm` action and
5 > > just overwrite everything.
6 >
7 > Nah, no luck. Emerge -p shows it still knows that haxml is a
8 > remerge, not a merge from scratch. Whether I try an unmerge
9 > or a merge, it still has the prerm phase and it still gobbles
10 > memory.
11
12 Okay, I figured it out -- remove it from /var/lib/portage/world
13 and remove /var/db/pkg/dev-haskell/haxml-1.13.2 (I moved it to
14 my home directory). Now when you run `emerge haxml --pretend`,
15 it will show it as new.
16
17 I am on FreeNode as jsnx, by the way. Please feel free to
18 message me.
21 _jsn
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list