From: Alessandro Barbieri <lssndrbarbieri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update Gentoo recently is becoming difficult
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 13:36:55
1 Yes, I have trouble too in upgrading. Python is messy now: I don't want
2 Python3_8 targets but some package require them (for what reason?). Also a
3 boost slot conflict.
4
5 Il Mar 12 Mag 2020, 04:03 Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com> ha scritto:
6
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > I’ve been realizing to update Gentoo is becoming worse every time. My 2018
10 > install, that I’ve recently update because python, was still those days
11 > running like a square wheel.
12 >
13 > I was trying to update my KDE profile 17, but was a pain, I’ve suffered a
14 > lot, many blocks, flag problems, circular dependency and in the end perl
15 > messed me and the system entirely broke.
16 >
17 > Now I’m installing a new fresh system, and even in the beginning to emerge
18 > the world update, like manual says, circular dependency problem with
19 > Bluetooth and Systemd.
20 >
21 > I’m long openRC user, I’ve started again using Systemd stage3, and now
22 > suffering with python 3.6/3.8 dependency mess.
23 >
24 > I don’t know if I’m out of luck or Gentoo is becoming a pain to maintain
25 > and update.
26 >
27 > I know, there are some periods is better to avoid update and appear this
28 > time is now! Lol
29 >
30 > Thanks.
33 > --