From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT?] Advice on hardware
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:13:05
1 Greetings list,
2
3 After my mobo fried, I decided to upgrade and buy a new one, with a
4 new processor, I would get an Asus last generation with an Athlon 64
5 as processor and the rest inherit from my previous machine (so,
6 compatible as far as I know).
7
8 I've seen posts regarding imcompatibility issues with A64 and Gentoo,
9 and heard about an specific division of Gentoo Foundation studying and
10 developing for the A64. I'm kinda a "stable" user, so, I'm afraid of
11 buying hardware that will still be tested and maybe encounter some
12 weird errors.
13
14 Any advice?
15
16 PS: Nvidia would be my choice for video, anyone have suggestions?
17 --
18 Daniel da Veiga
19 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list