From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OO Build Failed
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:31:00
1 Randy Barlow schrieb:
2 > Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 > > CHOST isn't that important at all. Much much more important are the
4 >> CFLAGS, and here especially -march (or -mtune & -mcpu). If you're
5 >> using a Pentium 3 and have done "emerge -e world" once, then all is
6 >> fine.
7 >
8 > I haven't done the emerge -e thing, but shouldn't everything eventually
9 > make its way to those CFLAGS anyway just because it will be upgraded?
10
11 Yes, eventually it will. And as i386 is compatible to pentium3,
12 I wouldn't expect any compatibility issues. You might not get
13 the VERY best performance - but then again, I doubt that there'll
14 be noticeable performancegain by compiling with march=pentium3
15 anyway. There will certainly some applications which benefit from
16 this, but overall, on a desktop, this won't be noticeable (ie.
17 won't achive a performance gain of >10%).
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is no battle
22 unless there be two. -- Seneca
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list