From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] overlays
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:21:37
1 on 07/15/2011 10:54 AM Neil Bothwick wrote the following:
2 >
3 > "eix-remote update" adds the contents of layman-supported overlays to the
4 > eix database, then eix finds the packages i the normal way. Just run
5 > eix-remote after eix-update.
8 I had done that, but had run eix-update afterwards, without knowing the
9 consequences ...
10 Why does eix-update cancel/delete the "eix-remote update" data?
11 Shouldn't be better for eix-update to have a switch to choose whether we
12 want to do that, and not being default?
13
14 Thanks (Dale and Neil)