From: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confused udev?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:55:21
1 Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 10:26 schrieb ext Jorge Almeida:
2
3 > I have a USB memory stick and an external USB box with an IDE disk.
4 > I configured udev to assign device names to both items, or so I thought.
5 > The external box is plugged, the memory stick isn't.
6 > The problem is: the device for the box is not created, and the memstick
7 > device exists but represents the box, not the stick. I read
8
9 Some questions:
10
11 What's your udev and kernel version?
12
13 Did you configure your kernel to use USB storage (if in doubt, post your
14 kernel config)?
15
16 Does the system detect the devices when you plug them in (post the last few
17 lines of dmesg output after plugging in each device)
18
19 What does udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/sdX) tell you (replace X
20 with the appropriate letter for each device)?
21
22 Maybe we can sort this out.
23
24 Bye...
25
26 Dirk
27 --
28 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
29 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
30 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
31 Hambornerstraße 55 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
32 D-40472 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
33 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net