From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird, clamscan, mbox-maildir
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:33:49
1 Hi all,
2
3 Recently I've been messing around with clamscan on my system and
4 checking all my files. Anyway, clamscan found some things in my
5 thunderbird files.
6
7 Thunderbird currently uses mbox format for storing emails. The clamscan
8 info I've read says it stops at the first positive hit in an mbox file.
9 The only way to find which email, and all the emails, is by converting
10 (a copy) to maildir format. Then I can scan that, then delete the
11 offending email from the mbox file from within thunderbird.
12
13 So far I've found mb2md (http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/)
14 which returns:
15 paul@Robotech ~/mboxwork $ ./mb2md-3.20.pl -s Inbox
16 Fatal: Source is not an mbox file or a directory!
17
18 Using less verifies that it is the actual mailbox. I've tried renaming
19 to Inbox.mbx, even making a copy of the entire tree and working inside
20 that. I still get the same message.
21
22 Any ideas?
23 ,