From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [a bit OT] Re: USB sticks now mounting on /run/media instead of /media ?
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 05:54:12
1 On 2012-05-03 23:48, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 >And anyway, if
4 > you are using a desktop system you don't care where the drive mounts,
5 > it just appears in your filemanager.
6
7 I have a desktop system but I don't have a "filemanager" installed and I
8 don't run an automounter. You assume everyone uses what you do? I don't
9 even have a /run directory so please don't assume that, at least some of
10 us, doesn't care about where "the drive mounts" (since I mount manually)...
11
12 >If you are not using a desktop,
13 > then you should not have udisks2 installed, probably.
14
15 I don't have udisks(n) installed either... see no need for it. :-)
16
17 Best regards
18
19 Peter K