From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing EFI partition, btrfs context
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 07:35:59
1 Am 2015-10-06 um 09:28 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2
3 > I did have a problem enlarging the ESP when I tried a while ago, it
4 > just wouldn't boot so I ended up deleting and recreating it.
5
6 I will do that on the SSD, yes.
7
8 >> Right now I just have to retry: clone the hdd to the ssd then
9 >> restart the gparted-steps.
10 >>
11 >> Or is there a clever way to copy the whole btrfs over into a
12 >> fresh and slightly smaller partition while keeping its UUID
13 >> intact?
14 >
15 > How about btrfs send/receive? I've never used them but used the
16 > equivalent with ZFS and it was simple to do.
17
18 I think "btrfs-replace" is my friend. Will try that later.
19
20 > When you do repartition the disk, I'd suggest putting swap
21 > immediately after the ESP. That way, if you want to fiddle with the
22 > size of the ESP again, you only have to touch swap, not your main
23 > btrfs volume.
24
25 Good advice, will follow that, thanks.