From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs error: "permission denied" when executing a command
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:13:22
1 On 7/18/07, Marco Calviani <marco.calviani@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > i have a problem with NFS. A partition mounted on machine gentoo1 is
4 > correctly exported and mounted in gentoo2 (that is, it is possible to
5 > read and write on it). However whenever i try to execute a program
6 > from gentoo2 that it is stored on the exports of gentoo1, i get the
7 > "Permission denied" error. What can be the cause of this?
8 >
9 > This is my /etc/exports located on gentoo1.
10 >
11 > /pippo0 gentoo1(sync,no_subtree_check,rw)
12 > /pippo1 gentoo1(sync,no_subtree_check,rw)
13 >
14 > and this is the gentoo2 /etc/fstab relevant part:
15 >
16 > gentoo1:/pippo0 /pippo0 nfs rw,user,auto 0 0
17 > gentoo1:/pippo1 /pippo1 nfs rw,user,auto 0 0
18
19 man mount
20 /user
21 gets you (*'s added by me for easy find):
22
23 user Allow an ordinary user to mount the file system. The
24 name of the mounting user is written to mtab so that he
25 can unmount the file system again. ****This option implies
26 the options noexec****, nosuid, and nodev (unless
27 overridden
28 by subsequent options, as in the option line
29 user,exec,dev,suid)
30
31 So, short answer, add "exec" to your mount options...
34 HTH-
35
36 James
41 > Any help would be appreciated,