From: Kellystewart00@×××××××××.au
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Eez a byootiful dai todai
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:27:26
1 Let me kick this off by saying sorry for top posting its my blackberry...
2
3 This is good news very very good news but then again its a dell... Ill be very intererested to see how long this is going to take to roll it out!
4 Sent via BlackBerry® from Vodafone
5
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
8
9 Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:49:00
10 To:Tyneside LUG <general@××××××××××××××××.uk>, gentoo-user@l.g.o, linux@×××××××××××.org
11 Subject: [gentoo-user] Eez a byootiful dai todai
14 Hi lugs,
15
16 Sorry for the cryptic headline but wanted to keep the suspense; sorry for
17 crossposting too but this is important!
18
19 /Dell has announced it WILL be shipping preinstalled Desktop Linux on certain
20 machines, desktop and laptop/ - more details will follow later.
21
22 Happily, it seems that "[s]urvey respondents indicated that improved hardware
23 support for Linux is as important as the distribution(s) offered".
24
25 So, don't expect to see your favourite distribution on a Dell Linux laptop
26 anytime soon - unless it's Ubuntu ;-) - but hey, IT'S LINUX.
27
28 Unfortunately, as stated above there are no more details as yet but they will
29 be making more announcements in the coming weeks.
30
31 UPDATE: just had to add "preinstalled" to Kmail's dictionary! (Oh, and Ubuntu
32 - never mind ;-) ) <does a little dance>.
33
34 OK, silly season over, get back to work ;-)
35
36 Jeff
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list