From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Lets push our disttro "Gentoo" UP - Cast your vote!
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 19:38:24
1 On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:10:30 -0700
2 Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas <me@×××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > On the other hand, a "vanilla" Gentoo installation could be
5 > > considered a bare Stage 3, which has so little software installed
6 > > it has to be the most secure.
7
8 Also worth pointing out is since such a 'vanilla' stage3 would have
9 quite recent software, making it more likely that recently discovered
10 security holes have already been patched.
11
12 For this reason I think gentoo is a good cantidate for 'most secure
13 distro', the point already having been made that such a distinction is
14 basically meaningless.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list