From: mchristoph.eckert@××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound recorder in portage
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:57:21
1 > The current Audacity in portage has some dependencies I
2 > don't want to
3 > change on existing system. All I need is a simple sound
4 > recorder, and
5 > if it has a function to view the waveform (and even
6 > better edit it!) so
7 > much the better.
8
9 You can try qarecord (alsamodular.sf.net) for recording via ALSA or
10 JACK. However it doesn't provide editing, just recording.
11
12 For recording and editing you can try kwave, which is KDE based and
13 you have to struggle with the sound system (setting arts to full
14 duplex etc.).
17 Best regards
20 ce
21 --