From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blank (black) screen on kde 5
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:02:12
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 15 Apr 2016 12:24:46 Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi, alll.
5 > >
6 > > After upgrading to kde 5 (plasma), there is a big problem.
7 > >
8 > > No matter if I use sddm to manage user authentication, or common console
9 > > login to bash and then to X and kde, the result is the same, a black screen
10 > > with the mouse on it.
11 >
12 > Just in case you missed it and this applies to your problem, it was explained
13 > recently on this M/L if you are using NVidia then you need to add sddm to the
14 > video group.
15
16 hmmm, I am using gnome and also get the blank screen, and I don't have
17 an sddm user at all, so I wonder if its a bit more basic.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici