From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] kdm and pam issues after resume
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 03:05:01
1 Upon resuming my laptop from standby, kdm's screen locker does
2 nothing, and /bin/login lags a lot before "Password:" comes up.
3 Googling has led me to think that this might be a consolekit issue, as
4 the syslog has "cannot create /var/lib/kdm-4.5: Permission denied"
5 lines, in addition to the lag going away after Alt+Sysrq+{R,S,E,I} and
6 reappearing after running init 3 to restart the killed processes.
7 The lag in console mode is kinda like this:
8 agetty
9 \- login [lag]
10 \-\- bash [lag]
11
12 Apart from rebooting, are there any real solutions (apart from k-9ing
13 the screen locker)? bugs.gentoo/295376,295799 are kinda vague.
16 Andrey "m05hbear" Vul