From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32bit or 64bit
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:47:05
1 On Jul 17, 2012 11:32 AM, "Volker Armin Hemmann" <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 *snip*
4 > The only use case that might come up is wine - I don't know anything about
5 > that beast. Haven't had any use for it in years.
6 >
7 > --
8 > #163933
9 >
10 I use wine daily on 64 bit with no problems. You can generate a 32 or 64
11 bit config with the "WINEARCH" setting but I haven't found a reason to use
12 a win64 config (nor do I know the differences within wine). I am not sure
13 if a 32 bit OS would make a wine any faster, but probably not noticeably
14 faster.
15
16 OT: Wine on Gentoo seems much faster than other distros. I think this is
17 one case where the performance makes a difference. I usually do it with
18 Lord of the Rings Online, which is more intensive than WoW as Michael
19 mentioned to run.
20
21 Alecks Gates, sent from Android on an HTC G2