From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 23:27:54
1 On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:53:43PM +0300, gevisz wrote
2
3 > Thank you for your reply. I have actually used this approach in one of
4 > my first attempts.
5 > Below is the output of lsmod on the install usb with all modules that
6 > I think is irrelevant to sound removed.
7
8 There is no mention of SND_PCI. When doing "make menuconfig", you
9 ***MUST*** first enable...
10
11 Device Drivers > Sound card support > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture > PCI sound devices
12
13 Don't select any of the drivers under that option; just enable the
14 barebones option. If you don't enable it, then nothing shows up under
15 "HD Audio" where all the codecs you mention are listed. If you're doing
16 it manually, set...
17
18 CONFIG_SND_PCI=y
19
20 Either way, rebuild the kernel and try again. Hopefully, that solves
21 the problem.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications