From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mysterious dev-lang/php 'n' junk 'n' stuff....
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:43:54
1 On 25 January 2006 09:50, gentuxx wrote:
2
3 > I went to do an `emerge -Duatv world` tonight, and I get dev-php/php
4 > and dev-php/mod_php blocking. So I uninstalled them, and thought that
5 > I would re-install later (if necessary). When I run it again, I get
6 > dev-lang/php blocking dev-php/php-4.4.0-r4 (which is the one I just
7 > unemerged). So, same logical progression, I go to unemerge
8 > dev-lang/php, and, lo and behold, it's not installed.
9 >
10 > I vaguely remembered that the portage crew did some "tinkering" with
11 > the portage tree when PHP5 came out, and it had something to do with
12 > the whole dev-php/php-dev-lang/php issue.
13 >
14 > So, my questions to the group are these:
15 >
16 > 1) Why does `emerge -Duatv world` find a package (which blocks
17 > another that it wants to update) that `emerge -CDatv world` does NOT find?
18 >
19 > 2) How do I rectify this little "version discrepancy" fixed so that I
20 > can get things updating normally again?
21
22 I solved it for me by "emerge --unmerge php" and "emerge dev-lang/php.
23
24 Uwe
27 Unix is sexy:
28 who | grep -i blonde | date