From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-apps/pam-login blocking sys-apps/shadow
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:12:47
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 17:29, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 26 September 2006 02:23, Lord Sauron wrote:
3 > > Ultra-quick question:
4 > >
5 > > By unmerging pam-login will I be breaking anything?
6 >
7 > you must not log out between unmergin pam-login and emerging shadow.
8 >
9 > And that has been written douzends of time.
10 >
11 > Maybe you search the archives next time?
12
13 > lsauron@the-dark-tower:~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/Archival$
14 > grep -rn "pam-login" ./cur
15 > lsauron@the-dark-tower:~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox$
16 > grep -rn "pam-login" ./cur
17
18 Hint: you got both the command and the output. Unless I'm doing
19 something wrong, that should be an answer enough for you. (If I am
20 doing something wrong - please tell me! I don't think I'm wrong
21 because the same command for the search "the" reveals a lot of stuff).
22
23 And thanks for the tip. I thought that trying to log in after making
24 the switch might be a bad idea, however, I wasn't sure so I asked.
27 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/