From: Chris Reffett <mellitussum@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stop eth0 from starting at boot
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 04:07:26
1 The easiest way to rectify this, I've found, is to just delete
2 /etc/init.d/net.eth0. Alternately, if you do want to keep the init
3 script around, but don't want to wait for it to time out before
4 continuing the boot process, what I did was add dhcpcd_eth0="-b" to fork
5 it into the background. As for "what is trying to start net.eth0," I
6 think there's an option in either /etc/rc.conf or /etc/conf.d/rc that
7 determines what counts as "net" for init scripts that need net: no net
8 required, loopback only, one non-loopback, or all of the net.* scripts.
9 Try looking into that.
10 Chris Reffett
11