From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package conflict while trying to emerge chromium
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:09:59
1 Am Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:09:23 +0000
2 schrieb Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>:
5 > On Sat, 14 February 2015, at 10:36 am, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Personally, I don't like that way of doing things, because unless you
8 > > completely deactivate Flash, Youtube will stupidly never attempt to use HTML5
9 > > videos
10 >
11 > YouTube have recently switched to HTML5 as the default:
12 >
13 > http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/27/7926001/youtube-drops-flash-for-html5-video-default
14
15 Excellent :-) !
16
17 One minor(!) problem though: that does not include the current Firefox 35
18 (they say they enabled HTML5 video for Firefox *betas*). But starting with
19 Firefox 36 I'll try running without FlashDisable and see what it's like.
22 Marc Joliet
23 --
24 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
25 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup