From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ethereal on the LiveCD but not in portage?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:18:38
1 On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:28:50 -0300
2 Fernando Ferrari wrote:
3
4 Hi,
5 > Hi Frank, look this http://gentoo-wiki.com/Ethereal
6
7 few days (or weeks) ago I asked for same thing to list. I installed
8 wireshark and, as it did not work, I forgot about it.
9
10 Now, after reading mini how-to, I found I have no wiresahrk "binary":
11
12 # equery files wireshark
13 [ Searching for packages matching wireshark... ]
14 * Contents of net-analyzer/wireshark-0.99.2:
15 /usr
16 /usr/bin
17 /usr/bin/capinfos
18 /usr/bin/dftest
19 /usr/bin/dumpcap
20 /usr/bin/editcap
21 /usr/bin/ethereal -> wireshark
22 /usr/bin/idl2wrs
23 /usr/bin/mergecap
24 /usr/bin/randpkt
25 /usr/bin/tethereal -> tshark
26 /usr/bin/text2pcap
27 /usr/bin/tshark
28 /usr/lib
29
30 # ls -lsa /usr/bin/wire*
31 ls: /usr/bin/wire*: No existe el fichero o el directorio (no file found)
32
33 and ethereal is (obviously) a broken link...
34
35 is there any consideration to take care of when installing wireshark?
36
37 Thansk in advance,
38 Arnau
39 > Saludos
40 > Fernando Ferrari
44 Arnau Bria
45 http://blog.emergetux.net
46 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
47 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
48 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
49 --
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list