From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: new mail client
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:05:47
1 Hello,
2
3 OK, so I/m ready to move a few users from the mail client in Seamonkey
4 to a new mail client package. Thunderbird looks reasonable, runs on Winblows
5 and Linux and is not tied to a given desktop platform. I did
6 read bugzilla about enigmail not working with the latest
7 thunderbird: Bug 301114. ;-) Is there a better(alternative) way
8 to use encryption with thunderbird?
9
10 In general, I like the way the
11 mozilla mail systems work, but, I want something, easy
12 to admin (users do email backups), easy to migrate
13 from seamonkey, and able to run on Winblows or Linux.
14
15 A nice system wide backup strategy with around 2 dozen
16 thunderbird clients, is also part of the strategy. So
17 first users try to retrieve their lost emails, then
18 ask an admin...... I like a separate backup system for email
19 not part of the regular backup system.....
22 All comments are welcome.
23
24 TIA,
25 James