From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Messed up system time caused messed up file modification times...
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:05:59
1 Hi,
2 I've just rebuilt my new machine this morning playing with
3 different ways to do things. Unfortunately I went sort of fast and
4 forgot to set date/time/timezone. (Doing too much from memory this
5 time.) Now when I try to set the system time to local and the hardware
6 clock to Pacific time and turn on ntp-client/ntpd I'm getting lots of
7 complaints about modification times in the future.
8
9 This is completely my mistake and I can start over and fix it in a
10 couple of hours but I'm wondering if there's an easy way out of this?
11
12 Thanks,
13 Mark