From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I solve "emerge @preserved-rebuild" loop?
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:44:06
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 December 2009 14:08:47 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> I have the same problem, but the "emerge -av1 util-linux" has blocking
5 >>>> issues with sys-fs/e2fsprogs. Whenever I remove sys-fs stuff I usually
6 >>>> regret it.
7 >>>>
8 >>>>
9 >>> You must remove the e2fsprogs* packages, emerge util-linux and re-emerge
10 >>> e2fsprogs*
11 >>>
12 >>> This is safe as long as you don't log out, reboot, kill bash or do other
13 >>> weird and wonderful things that require a working e2fsprogs.
14 >>>
15 >>> Think of it this way:
16 >>>
17 >>> delete your kernel image in /boot, do all kinds of stuff and put back a
18 >>> different kernel image named the same as the original. Nothing will go
19 >>> wrong unless you reboot|restart. Same with e2fprogs.
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >> Is this the one where you need to fetch the files first, then un-emerge
23 >> and emerge? I recall one being that way but not sure if it is this one.
26 > No, that was a while ago. This is simply a conflict involving e2fsprogs-libs
27 >
28 > Doesn't remove wget
31 Ah, that was it. I was wondering why a file system package would
32 interfere with portage downloading.
33
34 Thanks.
35