From: Wes Gray <smiths@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild fails
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:18:37
1 On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:21:37PM -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > With revdep-rebuild it tries to remerge the same version that you have installed. If your version is no longer in the portage tree, then "there are no ebuilds to satisfy" your old version. You should update to versions that currently exist in the portage tree.
3
4 I don't follow why python was out of date though. I had emerged it recently.
5 I finally had to upgrade it to the older 2.2 version to get revdep-rebuild
6 to work which makes no sense to me.
7 --
8 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list