From: Dex Conner <cantcuckthis@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to disable the modules service?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 05:58:23
1 On 22/10/23 04:35PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 07:29:42 -0400, Dex Conner wrote:
3 >
4 > > Unfortunately I had already followed that guide for going module-less
5 > > and the rc service called modules is still running. I have found that it
6 > > is the /etc/init.d/modules file which sources some folders including
7 > > /usr/lib/modules-load.d which has a module in it. I think this module
8 > > (pkcs8_key_parser) gets created after I update iwd. Is there a way to
9 > > actually remove the modules service instead of removing the modules from
10 > > the directories repeatedly?
11 >
12 > You could blacklist the module in /etc/modules.d, but will iwd still work
13 > without it?
14
15 That seems like a good idea but since I don't have modprobe after
16 setting -kmod, it throws an error. I think I should get some sort of
17 hook working after each iwd update so that the file is automatically
18 removed.
19
20 Thank you everyone
23 Dex