From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt-4.4.3 won't install any files
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:44:06
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:17:00 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > > So every ebuild, in the tree and all overlays, was updated before the
4 > > split ebuilds were introduced?
5
6 > I don't know the exact progress but I think the split ebuilds were
7 > introduced masked, then the dependencies have been adjusted
8 > accordingly. After the transition was done the ebuilds have been
9 > unmasked.
10
11 OK, so the meta ebuild is just a safety net for those running ebuilds not
12 in the portage tree.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 All things in moderation, ESPECIALLY moderation.