From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange blocks b behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:46:20
1 On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > USE="doc" adds extra documentation, usually API information
4 > > for programmers, which is why it is rarely needed globally. The
5 > > doc flag increases the dependencies of some packages, sometimes
6 > > massively.
7 >
8 > Thanks Neil, thanks a lot for mentioning that. Now I have
9 > horrifying images burned into my brain of doxygen, openjade, SGML
10 > and DTDs lumbering out of holes in the ground and slithering
11 > towards me, zombie-like, hell bent on devouring me whole and
12 > consigning my soul to oblivion.
13 >
14 > "USE=doc" is truly the stuff of which nightmares are made.
15
16 It isn't all that bad. I have "doc" enabled globally. Yes, some
17 packages take a while longer - but then, in most cases I want the
18 documentation anyway. I haven't been haunted by this so far. ;-)
21 > /me lumbers off in search of mind-altering substances with
22 > depressant side-effects....
23
24 Just watch TV for a while.
25
26 Uwe
29 Ignorance killed the cat, sir, curiosity was framed!
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list