From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adaptec AIC7xxx kernel problems?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:18:59
1 I'm wondering if it's just me or is anyone else having problems. I am
2 running 2.6.11-r6 with no problems on a system with an Adaptec 39160 card.
3 I tried to go to 2.6.12-r6 and r9 but kept getting kernel panics on boot.
4 I have another system I'm installing Gentoo on that has an Adaptec 2940uw
5 on and since I was using 2005.0 it had 2.6.12 on it and would not boot. I
6 found that on both systems if I build the aic7xxx as a module I can get
7 further in the boot process. I also tried 2005.1 but that is a disaster
8 on both systems. I tell it to noload=aic7xxx and it loads it anyway which
9 results in system not running.
10
11 Is it just me <G>.
15 Brett I. Holcomb