From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] time issue
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:13:02
1 On Monday 30 May 2011 09:15:59 András Csányi wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have a little problem regarding time. After every boot I have to
5 > setup my clock because about my machine the current time is +2 hour
6 > more. To be honest, this is a little bit annoying.
7 > What I did:
8 >
9 > - According to install guide I have copied the
10 > /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest to /etc/localtime
11 > - According to localization guide [1] I have to set up the current
12 > timezone in the /etc/conf.d/clock file but this file is missing. I
13 > have checked it the original stage-3 pack from Hungarian mirror and I
14 > couldn't find there as well. I think this file is removed.
15 >
16 > So my question is that, what should I do to have the current time
17 > automatically (I'm in Hungary/Budapest)? Should I make a new clock
18 > file?
19 >
20 > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml
21 >
22 > Thanks for any help in advance!
23 >
24 > András
25
26 Assuming that you have moved to openrc and running Linux not FreeBSD, you
27 should have a file /etc/conf.d/hwclock. Therefore you would not need to
28 create the /etc/conf.d/clock file:
29
30 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
31
32 Read the section under Clock, which says that you should set up your timezone
33 in /etc/timezone. If it hasn't been created in your system already, then add
34 it yourself with this line in it:
35
36 Europe/Budapest
37