From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Beagle eating up Resources!! (BEagled-index-helper)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:30:38
1 Jürgen Geuter skrev:
2 > On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 18:09 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 >> Does anyone here knows if beagle really sucks up resources?? I just
4 >> emerged it a week ago and I'm getting very pissed off at it as it's
5 >> using a lot of resources. The laptop doesn't get much idle time.
6 >
7 > Beagle is quite a resource hog and will keep your system busy whenever
8 > it finds it to be "idle", that is the reason why I decided to ditch it
9 > (I wasn't using the search functionality that much anyways).
10 >
11 > You could make sure that "beagled" is not started upon login, that way
12 > it will not do autoscanning of your files and only start when you use
13 > it.
14 >
15 > regards
16 >
17 > Jürgen
18
19 Beagle is not supposed to use an awful lot of CPU-time, except for rare
20 peaks. If it uses a lot of CPU-cycles for more than a few seconds it's a
21 bug - most likely in a plug-in. Especially the SVG plug-in tends to have
22 issues.
23
24 The memory consumption is however quite high.
25
26 -Kristian Poul Herkild
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list