From: Alokat <mailing@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Microphone problems Thinkpad X300
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:19:41
1 On 04/28/11 22:50, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Alokat <mailing@××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Hi guys,
4 >>
5 >> I have some problems to get my headset to work.
6 >>
7 >> I have a snd_hda_intel soundcard and the output works pretty good - like
8 >> watching videos etc pp.
9 >>
10 >> But Skype is not able to use my mic. I can hear myself in the speakers
11 >> but for some reasons I can't use the mic for a skype phonecall.
12 >>
13 > I had _exactly_ the same problem on my compute server which was solved
14 > fairly easily in KDE. YMMV in some other environment.
15 >
16 > In KDE I opened the mixer. Initially it has a fairly limited set of controls.
17 >
18 > Under 'Settings' I enabled the 'Capture' channel by dragging the
19 > Capture icon over to the right side.
20 >
21 > I enabled the Capture checkbox and raised the Capture volume.
22 >
23 > Testing with the Skype test service worked and I have no trouble using
24 > Skype now.
25 >
26 > HTH,
27 > Mark