From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Another openrc enigma: need firewalld
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 23:02:25
1 Started getting this 'need firewalld' message on boot, out of the blue,
2 after reinstalling some packages which contain initscripts, to get rid
3 of the 'uses runscript' messages. (which mostly worked, but the udev
4 and net.lo scripts are still not fixed)
5
6 Feels like a whack-a-mole game right now :)
7
8 I most defnitely do _not_ need firewalld, or another opaque daemon that
9 "saves" me from editing one or two config files. My iptables rules are
10 comfortably loaded from pre_up() in conf.d/net.
13 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
14 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?