From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Digest of gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org issue 1422 (76278-76327)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:15:48
1 On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 11:51 +0000, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> writes:
3 >
4 > > It's another euphemism progress, like water-closet > lavatory > bathroom >
5 > > rest-room etc. (I've probably missed some links in that chain). Someone
6 > > dislikes an aspect of the original word - "fault" in this case - and
7 > > euphemises it to "problem", then that becomes tainted with the original
8 > > association and it gets downgraded again to "issue". Anyone want to
9 > > speculate what will come next?
10 >
11 > It already has. I have heard bugs and unexpected behaviour referred to
12 > as 'features'.
13
14 that's been a long standing joke "it's not a bug, it's a feature". We
15 use it all the time (but not to customers).
16
17 What really comes next is: Ticket.
18
19 That's right, you no longer have a bug, problem, or issue. You just
20 have a ticket number. Your email has automatically been assigned the
21 ticket number 12345...
26 If I love you, what business is it of yours?
27 -- Johann van Goethe
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list