From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:34:47
1 On Friday 10 July 2009, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Kevin O'Gorman<kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Okay, I'm re-emerging hal. I was already using gcc-4.1.2. I still
5 > > have mouse and keyboard emerged, but not mentioned in the xorg.conf.
6
7 I am coming late to the party here but I not so long ago did this on an old
8 ATI R300 card and and an NVidia FX-5200. All I had to do was to make sure to
9 emerge evdev by:
10
11 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
12
13 in /etc/make.conf and then comment out the mouse/keyboard stanzas in my
14 existing xorg.conf. And then it worked.
15
16 If you really feel you need a new video card, I recently got a GeForce 9400
17 GT. It has 512MB of RAM, is inexpensive and KDE 4.2 performance is very
18 acceptable.
19
20 HTH
21 -Robin
22 --
24 Robin Atwood.
25
26 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
27 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
28 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling